A Pictorial History of Walney Island (using old postcards)
Before Jubilee Bridge was built, the channel was crossed by Ferry.
|The Bridge newly built and up ready for a ship to pass through|
An early picture of Jubilee Bridge
|North Scale, one of the 'original' villages on the island (the other being Biggar)|
On the beach at Walney
The 'new' Church of St Mary's in construction.
The Procession to the new St Mary's (October3rd 1908)
James Dunn Park, Vickerstown
There are more pictures in our History of the Vickerstown Estates
Return to Walney Churches Home Page